Monday, January 7, 2008

Winter Quarter

We did not get to use this Blog much last quarter, but we will be using it this quarter. We spawned fish and will be picking those eggs over the next few weeks. I will be posting some ideas and topics that you will need to read and then respond to under the comments section. This will help you with putting ideas down as the written word and developing those skills.

I would like you to respond to the question: How are things going in the program so far? Do you like this type of work, and do you like this type of education?

3 comments:

karlw said...

Now that i am in my last quarter of the program and doing inservice work now, i have had some time to reflect back and overall this has been great.I never thought i would like working with fish even though it runs in my family from way back,but i can't think of a more enjoyable career.The things this program teaches are great and even more that it is like a working environment than all classroom stuff.

cameron said...

This Quater is going by so fast. Fisheries is a lot more fun than I had first antisipated, I thought it was going to be full of a bunch of "save the world" hippies. thankfully that is not the case. As for the type of curriculm, it's great to have all the hands on experience. However it would be nice to reinforce the things we have learned more often to make them more second nature. I appericiate the fact that the education is exactly what you put into it, each of us controls our own destiny.

Unknown said...

Earl I hope this Quarter is going good for you and the student I am leaving you a hello